Goldy has already had a few posts about the immigration rally, and there is other good information elsewhere. But at these sort of things, I always like to see what people are writing on their signs. So here’s the text of some of the signs.
First, a quick note: This isn’t meant to be comprehensive, and sometimes there were more than one sign that said similar things, so I only included one. I tended toward handwritten signs, but some of these were mass produced. Also, some things work fine as signs, but are tough to put onto a blog post. Most signs were in all caps, but to make it easier to read here, I’ve added capitalization and sometimes punctuation to try to stay faithful to the message.
– Immigrant rights are human rights
– I’m related to immigrants and I VOTE
– United we dream
– Skagit Immigrant Rights Council
– Immigration Reform Now
– We are one America
– Mr. President where’s the love? Immigration Reform Now
– We pay taxes. Soc. Sec for years. Where are our benefits?
– You must befriend and be in solidarity with the immigrants. For you were once Immigrants. Deuteronomy 10:19 El Camino De Emaus Lutheran Church
– You shall not mistreat or oppress the immigrants for you were once immigrants. Exodus 22:21 El Camino De Emaus Lutheran Church
– We need immigration reform now
– Let Washington State lead the way on immigration reform
– $1.5 Trillion to the U.S. Economy
– Rep Doc Hastings support our rural communities sponsor immigration reform
– We are not criminals
– College students fighting for equality and opportunity
– Act now
– The time is now
– Microsoft engineers 4 immigration reform
– This is part of our country. We need freedom. No more deportations
– One America, justice for all