Mental Floss: What is dirt made of?
The “Duke” of Louisiana:
- Steve Kornacki: GOP manages political fallout of Scalise speech to racist group
- Chris Hayes: Conservatives clash with GOP leaders over Scalise
- Ed: Steve Scalise claims ignorance after giving speech before a hate group
- Young Turks: Hate group scandal engulfs top Republican Congressman
- Steve Kornacki: Steve Scalise addressed racist group in 2002
- David Pakman: House majority whip was honored guest at White supremacist group
- José Díaz-Balart: Republicans eat their own over Steve Scalise’s speech to David Duke group
- Sharpton and friends: Steve Scalise and David Duke
Thom: Who should be drug tested?
Sam Seder and Cliff Schecter: Republicans have moved to crazytown on immigration reform.
White House: West Wing Week.
It’s Back, Baby:
- Sam Stein and Jared Bernstein: Americans show confidence in economic recovery
- Steve Kornacki: Americans feeling effects of improved economy.
- The Rundown: 2015 marks turning point for economic recovery (and G.O.P. re-messaging)
- David Pakman: Obama’s approval rating matches Ronnie Reagan’s approval rating:
Thom with some Good, Bad, and Very, Very Ugly.
Al Sharpton: Six years and running…Obama’s greatest accomplishments.
Michael Brooks: Freedomworks hilariously attacks net neutrality.
Mental Floss: 21 things that turned 21 in 2014.
Reflections and Resolutions:
- Young Turks: Police brutality launched a new civil rights movement in 2014
- Mark Fiore: The Year in Crazy.
- David Pakman reviews Pat Robertson’s 2014 predictions:
- Ed: The Robertson’s predictions of 2014
- Roll Call: Best Congressions hits and misses of 2014
- Young Turks: 2014 was the year the Right Wing fell in love with Putin (and then fell out of love again).
- 2014: Restoring faith in humanity
- Rubin Report: 10 most admired women of 2014.
- Rubin Report: Most admired men of 2014.
- Farron Cousins: 2014 was a shitty year.
- Ann Telnaes: Good riddance to 2014.
- Alex Witt and Beth Fouhy: The top political scandals of 2014
- Young Turks: Right wing lunacy dominated the 2014 elections
- Ana Kasparian and Dave Rubin’s best and worst moments of 2014.
- Hank Green: Best and Worst of 2014
- Ed and friends: The worst of conservative media in 2014
- Young Turks: Ebola caused more freak-outs than (U.S.) cases in 2014
- Michael Steele and friends: A year of scandal and sleaze in politics.
- Grace Parra: New Years resolutions with the probability fairy
- Young Turks: Craziest politicians of the year
Hylp: A app for ladies.
John Green: Racism in the U.S. by the numbers:
Mental Floss: Misconceptions about exercise.
David Pakman: 20 states raise minimum wage in 2015.
- Steve Kornacki: Grimm resigns
- Michael Grimm quits over felony tax evasion
- David Pakman: Republican convicted felon Michael Grimm resigns
- Young Turks: Rep Michael Grimm resigns after criminally embarrassing Republicans
- Steve Kornacki: Fossella eyed to replace Grimm despite two-family scandal.
Last week’s Friday Night Multimedia Extravaganza can be found here.