Sam Seder and Cliff Schecter: How the far right took over the Republican party.
White House: West Wing Week.
Chris Hayes: The G.O.P.s hopeless fight against science:
- Mark Fiore: VA Hotline Updates.
- Young Turks: Shinseki resigns
- WaPo: Vets speak out on the VA scandal
- Young Turks: Sarah Palin on VA scandal, “Illegal immigrants get better health care than veterans”
Michael Brooks: Mitch McConnell’s amazingly deceptive ObamaCare distortion.
The G.O.P. summer of scandal.
100 Seattle cops file lawsuit against city and Justice Dept.
ONN: The Onion Week in Review.
Chris Hayes: The GOP’s miserable campaign for ‘junk-food’ in schools.
Ann Telnaes: Manning Up.
The Only Way to Stop a Bad Guy With a Gun, is the Bad Guy With the Gun:
- Ann Telnaes: The Sick, the Bad, and the Ugly.
- David Pakman: The truth about gun safety
- Michael Brooks: Joe the Plumber to shooting victim family, “Your dead kid doesn’t trump my gun rights.”
- Thom: The truth about the second amendment
- Young Turks: Response to disgusting UC Santa Barbara shooter supporter
- FAUX News edits out grieving father’s criticism of NRA and politicians.
- David Pakman: Glenn Beck blames progressives on CA shooting
- Thom: Not one more
Mental Floss: 26 famous art heists.
Suzie Sampson: Let it Go!:
Ana Kasparian: “Abortion Barbie” posters hit LA streets.
Ann Telnaes: We’re Number 1…for the wrong reason.
Rich Webster: Marco Rubio is not an abortion scientist.
Last week’s Friday Night Multimedia Extravaganza can be found here.