The first presidential debate will take place Monday between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. There are a few liberal debate-watching parties you might want to join. Here are the ones I know about:
- The Seattle Chapter of Drinking Liberally and Horsesass.org will host a party from 6-8pm at our regular venue, the Roanoke Park Place Tavern, 2409 10th Ave E, Seattle. You’ll find us in the small room at the back of the tavern.
- A debate-watching party, hosted by The Ave, will happen in Seattle’s Fremont neighborhood at the Hotel-Hotel bar, 3517 Fremont Ave N, Seattle. The program features guest and commentator Joe Pakootas, congressional candidate for E Washington and Chief of the Colville nation.
- KUOW Public Radio and Humanities Washington will have a debate-watching party, hosted by Ross Reynolds and Zaki Barak Hamid at the Naked City Brewery and Taphouse, 6564 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle
- The Tacoma Chaper of Drinking Liberally will host a debate watching party starting at 5:30 PM at the Tacoma Parkway Tavern, 313 N I St #1, Tacoma
- The Yakima Chapter of Drinking Liberally will host a potluck & BYOB Watch Party for the presidential debate. The Party starts at 5:15pm at the Strader’s residence, 10 N. 45th Ave., Yakima. Please RSVP Rob at 509-728-4188.
- Portland Monthly is hosting a Presidential Debate Bingo event during the first debate. Some folks from the Vancouver, WA chapter of Drinking Liberally will be there. The event will be at the Lagunitas Community Room, 237 NE Broadway, Suite 300, Portland, OR
Can’t make it to Seattle on Tuesday? Check out one of the other DL meetings this week. On Tuesday, the Tri-Cities chapter also meets. On Wednesday, the Burien and North Spokane chapters meet. The Woodinville chapter meets on Thursday. And the following Monday, the Yakima and South Bellevue chapters meet.
There are 185 chapters of Living Liberally, including twenty in Washington state, three in Oregon and one in Idaho. Find, or go out and start, a chapter near you.