At least 33 people were killed and 30 injured in the tragic shooting rampage this morning at Virginia Polytechnic and State University, but don’t you worry, the White House made very clear today that “the president believes that there is a right for people to bear arms.”
- 04/15/07 Reuters: 19 bodies found in Baghdad on Saturday
- 04/15/07 Reuters: 20 Iraqi troops and policemen abducted
- 04/15/07 Reuters: 4 killed by suicide bombers in Mosul
- 04/15/07 AP: Suicide bomber kills 5, wounds 11 in northwest Baghdad
- 04/15/07 AP: 37 die as car bomb hits near Iraq shrine
I’m just sayin’.
Unsurprisingly, Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit blames the victims:
These things do seem to take place in locations where it’s not legal for people with carry permits to carry guns, though, and I believe that’s the case where the Virginia Tech campus is concerned. I certainly wish that someone had been in a position to shoot this guy at the outset.
That’s right, if only the victims themselves had been armed, none of this would have happened. Ah well, in that case, I guess they got what they deserved.