– I started to fully understand the root cause of the infighting at Fox News over Glenn Beck after his insane interview with Eric Massa. The problem is that – unlike pure con artists like O’Reilly and Hannity – Beck actually believes his own bullshit. What he does isn’t an act. He’s an emotionally disturbed person working through various psychological issues while trying to confront an inability to comprehend both the rationale and the popularity of progressive politics. But while the average teabaggers are being exposed as ideologically incoherent buffoons in relative obscurity, Beck is going through that journey in front of millions of television viewers every day. It’s been quite the spectacle.
– Glenn Greenwald has written some good posts recently on our special relationship with Israel. Maybe Americans are finally starting to recognize that the way the Israelis have been treating the Palestinians doesn’t quite jibe with our nation’s historic emphasis on the importance of property rights.
– As always, lots of drug war news to pass along. Paul Armentano debates former Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey about California’s approved ballot measure to legalize marijuana. Scott Morgan writes about the NFL and pot. Radley Balko on the Jonathan Ayers case. Officials in Texas are still waging war against KopBusters creator Barry Cooper. And Pete Guither on the enemy within.
– I’ve recently been checking out the Analytics X competition, a contest that offers up a small prize for anyone who can use analytics to most accurately predict the incidence of homicides across the city of Philadelphia.
– Good to read something from this guy again.