– The first ads for both sides of I-522 have been released. Is Ken Eikenberry really much of a spokesperson for anything these days?
– Jean Godden and Tim Burgess take a look at why the city of Seattle is falling down in regard to its women employees.
– Let me make this abundantly clear, to you and to the other men reading this: when you comment on a woman’s appearance, you are not doing it for her. You are doing it for you. It’s not some great way to make a woman feel sexy and appreciated. It’s not flattery, even if you mean for it to be. The only thing it is is a great way for you to create a shitty power dynamic, by which you have announced yourself as the arbiter of her value, and you’ve deemed her fuckable, and she is supposed to be happy or impressed by that.
– Good on McGinn and Murray on the protest of the Russian anti-gay laws. Boo on our City Council.
– The results of the study may seem little more than an exercise in confirming the obvious, but that’s an exercise the country needs. It needs to have the obvious — guns kill people, health-insurance helps keep them alive, large banks are all thieves, economic oligarchy is incompatible with political democracy, Fk The Deficit. People Got No Jobs.
– You had me at musical penis.