– “One of the things over the years that have begun to lay the foundation for it are opt-in principles. In other words, people very much in this country want to be able to say: I’m in charge of my information and my data,” Wyden told a noontime audience of several dozen tech workers. (h/t)
– The Klan is handing out fliers in Des Moines.
– I think the most likely explanation here is that Issa was simply trying to cook up a scandal, even though it did nothing to address the genuine problems with the way campaign finance and tax laws are written. He probably figured that in the best case scenario, he’d be able to get away with his fraud. And in the worst case scenario, he’d get a slap on the wrist from a few reporters, but endless approval from his political supporters.
– Darryl mentioned the president’s Trayvon Martin speech after it happened on Friday. Some conservatives weren’t happy with it.
– And if I’m linking to Salon, in fairness, what the fuck, Salon?
– I don’t know what’s strangest about this scene: how much of Downtown I recognize, how much is different or the fact that there are no people out during the entire chase.
– You can talk about the royal baby if you want (of course), but I can’t be assed to find a link.