– Congrats to John Lovick?
– The attention her discovery has brought Barre-Sinoussi has changed everything, just like her friend warned, she says. It even won over the man who told her at the start of her career that a life in science would be impossible for a woman. He contacted her many years after the HIV discovery.
– You must remember this paragraph anytime someone tells you that the black ghettos of Chicago are “no different” than other white immigrant ghettos. Such a person is speaking in ignorance of the actual math and should be immediately instructed to put down the hair tonic.
– Interesting debates on the nature of food aid going forward.
– Seasonal service changes for transit agencies. (PS, I dig the new look at Seattle Transit Blog).
– I don’t even know what a hipster is, really.