– Is this process for picking a new police chief going to produce different results than the last one?
– Jeff Merkley is a real hero on unemployment insurance, but it’s godawful that it has to come up at all.
– Oh my am I glad the people who gave us the Iraq war aren’t in power right now.
– I love that building
– In the last open thread, I said that Melissa Harris Perry was right to apologize, and I stand by that. But I also agree that there is a context.
– Holy shit Chris Christie.
– Nine years later he publicly came out of the closet, and has since made it his mission to ensure that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning (LGBTQ) athletes don’t have to wait until their playing days are over to be themselves.
– Ham proceeds to retcon the early chapters of Genesis, shuffling the chronology a bit and turning parts of Chapter 5 into a flashback preceding Chapter 4 — all in the name of a “literal” reading of the text. But throughout this fast-talking and dealing from the bottom of the text Ham seems to realize that the core problem he’s facing here is the disturbingly Flowers-in-the-Attic scenario necessitated by insisting on a single original family of original humans.
– I don’t mind people taking pictures of everything, but don’t block other people’s view.