Omigod I wish this OneSeattle website wasn’t a parody. But many a truth is said in jest:
From the employer’s perspective, compensation is about a whole lot more than wages. Just consider a typical cost breakdown for an average low-skilled minimum wage employee:
- Base wage: $9.32/hour
- Sick leave: up to $0.50/hour
- Vacation: approximately $1.50/hour
- Payroll taxes: $1.60/hour
- Breaks: $0.50/hour (approximately, depends on shift length)
- Training: $1.00/hour (prorated based on turnover)
- Employee food discount: $0.50/hour (depending on girth)
- Cost of nonwork time: $0.25/hour (i.e. texting while on the clock)
- TOTAL: $15.17
Funny stuff. And disturbingly believable. The whole website reads like the unfiltered id of the restaurant industry.
UPDATE: Shit. Now I’m getting 404 Errors. Have the humorless pricks in the restaurant industry already had the site taken down? That would be fast. I guess there’s always the Google cache.
UPDATE, UPDATE: Back up over here!