Because nothing keeps your family safer than having a gun in the house:
The father of a 4-year-old Cottage Grove boy says his child loaded a bullet into a borrowed gun and accidentally shot himself… Doctors removed the bullet, which had slightly penetrated his skull.
[…] The gun was unloaded, but the boy found a smaller bullet that was the wrong size, and it still fired when loaded in the gun.
You mean the toddler found a “smaller bullet,” just lying around? Jesus… doesn’t the boy’s father know that small objects like that can be a choking hazard?
When my daughter was that age, I never let her play with any cartridge smaller than a .308 Winchester. This father should get a clue.