Congratulations to Rep. Dave Reichert for being named the GOP Crony of the Week. The honor was bestowed on Reichert by the DCCC in recognition of his pandering to special interests, and close ties with disgraced members of the corrupt GOP establishment. For example….
- Rep. Reichert voted against cracking down on the oil and gas industries price gouging.
- Rep. Reichert voted for the GOP energy bill that gave billions to oil, gas and nuclear industries.
- Big oil and gas industries have given Rep. Reichert $42,166. Any surprise?
- Reichert received $15,000 from House Majority Leader John Boehner’s “Freedom Project” PAC.
- Reichert received $20,000 from GOP Whip Roy Blunt’s “Rely on Your Beliefs” PAC.
- Reichert voted with President Bush 86% of the time.
- Reichert voted the GOP party line 88% of the time.
- $20,000 from Tom DeLay’s ARMPAC.
- $5,000 from Bob Ney, the first congressman to be implicated based on the Jack Abramoff guilty plea.
- $1,000 from Duke Cunningham’s PAC.
- Voted to weaken House ethics rules when DeLay proposed doing so as GOP Majority Leader.
- Voted with Tom DeLay 91% of the time (through 3/31/2006)
And much, much more.
Reichert tries to sell himself as an independent-minded moderate, but when you look at his record, he’s about as Republican as they come. No wonder Dick Cheney comes out here to campaign for him.