- Thanks to everyone who donated during Goldy’s fund raiser for yours truly. I am very thankful. If you still feel like donating, click here.
- New media, old people. I wonder what the average age is over there at the ‘cut? I remember a forum on “News On The Web” which featured Crosscut’s Chuck Taylor. He was asked what his website was going to do to attract younger folks. His answer was , “I don’t think we have to.” Bless his pea-pickin’ heart.
- Ron Paul superfans to Sen. McCain: “You’ve got T-Rex Arms”
- If you haven’t already, meet Meghan McCain. Apparently, she’s “socially liberal and economically conservative.” My favorite?
And what will the young McCain do at the end of Election 2008?
According to GQ, “(McCain) insists she wants to properly commemorate the experience’ by getting another tattoo at the end of the campaign. (She already has a star outline on the top of her right foot, a souvenir of spring break in San Diego last year.) She and her friends are batting around ideas. The only proposal that’s gained any traction so far is to have McCain written in Old English on the small of her back.”
As Vince Vaughn would say, it “might as well be a bullseye.”
- Ballard Denny’s? Landmark. Seattle’s longest continually running hotel? Not a landmark. Go figure. Thing is, the folks who own The Sorrento actually want it to have landmark status, while the owners of the shuttered Ballard Denny’s don’t.
- Cigar bars? Illegal, but maybe not for long.
- What do you do when your favorite band never leaves Austin? Watch their concerts on YouTube, that’s what. Besides blogs, YouTube is the best thing about the web.
- The hardest part about baking a cake? The frosting. Add too much water, and the frosting looks like- well, it looks bad. The cake part is so easy. The frosting part- not so much.
- If you emailed me at “email@example.com” in the last several months, I just now got your email. Sorry. It was busted for a while, and Goldy just fixed it. I didn’t much mind since most of it was awful, awful spam, but some of it was really important, time-sensitive hate mail. Oh well.