The funniest thing about political blogging is that people actually take us seriously. Especially us partisan flame-throwers. Accuse a sitting governor of being a thief and a fraud — or call somebody a prick from time to time — and people pay attention.
To show you how silly it all is, I’m going to turn from political punditry and exercise a bit of sports punditry. Anybody can do it, so why not me?
Goldy’s 5 Keys to the Superbowl
1. Special teams – It takes a really special team to win the Super Bowl.
2. Score in the “red zone” – Most teams just score in the end zone; if you can score in the red zone, you shorten the field by twenty yards.
3. Turnovers – A little known factor in New England’s victory over Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game was when Ben Roethlisberger severely burnt his throwing hand eating a hot apple turnover during the pre-game meal. Both Donovan McNabb and Tom Brady must be disciplined, and stick to cold cuts.
4. Control the clock – The team that controls the clock can pretty much end the game the second they’re ahead.
And finally, the “Key to the Superbowl” most overlooked by sports pundits:
5. Score more points than the other team – Need I say more?
And my bold, partisan prediction? Eagles 27, Patriots 17.
(Fly Eagles, Fly)