Here is your chance to fling some poo. Need some topics to vent about? How about these:
- There was senseless, tragic violence in downtown Seattle today. Daniel and Switzerblog offer some analyses.
- The Boy Scouts of America will be forced to turn over files with information about alleged sexual abuse of Washington state boys.
- Michael “Heckofa job Brownie” Brown—the former FEMA director who was toppled by our very own Goldy—is bound and determined to clear up his “good name.” How does he go about this noble task? He begins by giving an interview to Playboy (excerpts available here), in which he calls U.S. Rep. Gene Taylor (D – MS) “a little twerp” and says “he can just bite me, for all I care.” I wonder how that disaster management consulting business of his is doing?
- Dave Neiwert’s book, Strawberry Days: How Internment Destroyed a Japanese American Community has been selected for the next book salon discussion at Firedoglake. The first of two online discussions will be held on Sunday.
- Natasha, photo blogging from Costa Rica, is pretty bugged.
- My Friday night multimedia extravaganza is up.
- As pointed out by MountOlympus, Mike Webb is out of control. So much so that Michael Hood at blatherWatch has gotten a restraining order against him. (I am happy to report that, despite Goldy’s invitation, I’ve gotten no death threats yet.)
- Democrats across the country are hosting “Democratic Reunion” events today (Saturday) in celebration of 100 days to the fall election. As part of it, Darcy Burner will attend a canvassing event in Bellevue, Wash. (Note to Wingnuts: Bellevue is in the 8th district.)